3/12/2012

Introduction/Mission Statement

Hi, I'm Audrey.


This is my introduction to myself and this blog. 



 Myself

     To me, functionality is wasted if it is not also beautiful. Likewise, beauty is wasted when it has no function. William Morris, even though he is not well known, is one of my favorite figures in history. He was a textile designer, artist, and writer. He had a passion for decorating and spent the first two years of his marriage building and decorating a house for his wife and himself. His most famous quote says, "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." I try to do both. I have a passion for things I believe are beautiful, a simple life, planning for the future, and projects. 




This Blog


In this blog, I hope to spread my love of crafts and beauty. I have learned a thing or two in this journey and while I am in no way and expert, I hope to share what I have learned with you.  While the main focus of this blog is crafts/organization/DIY (especially, remodeling a mobile home - more on that later) I can't promise you that I won't throw in a thing or two about other areas of life that are important to me. Just like my life and projects evolve,  I am sure my blog will also. I love working and learning, and I hope to share this labor of love with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment