3/12/2012

Mobile Home Makeover - Introduction



My boyfriend Eric just bought an old mobile home.  He'll be living there with two of his friends, and he's given me free reign on it creatively, which is SO amazing! My creative energy is just constantly flowing. 



(I apologize for the horrible picture quality - I'm in the process of getting a new camera and for now am just using my iPhone)
It's absolutely a 100% fixer-upper. You can tell just from the above photo.  Let me just point out a few elements here -
1. No porch (we're using that bucket to climb in and out)
2. PVC pipe on the side because there's no plumbing
3. Rotted tree in the corner
4. Hideous, dirty windows
5. Nasty green color on the planks covering the outside.


Here's a little bit of the inside-
1. No floor
2. Ugly linoleum in front of the door
3. Open AC vents in the floor

There are a lot of other things that need fixing - basically everything. The entire place is coated in a layer of dirt. Almost everything needs replacing - outlets, light fixtures, toilets, bathtubs, counter tops, etc.

It's fabulous!
This is exactly the kind of thing I get excited about.  With a little bit of love, this place will be absolutely amazing.  This project is also the inspiration for creating this blog, and will be the perfect canvas on which to express and teach you what I know about design, DIY, and organization. 




post signature

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what happens to this place. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I just purchased an older mobile home which is definitely a 100% fixer upper too! I am excited to see how you transform the interior, maybe I'll get some ideas myself!

    ReplyDelete